On Earth there are pretty few human beings perhaps, who do not like paneer. Even the non-vegetarians hardly give paneer starters a miss!
Paneer or cottage cheese is widely available and can also be prepared easily at home.
Paneer tikka is a favourite finger food for any parties , also the star starter of most menus.
This yummy homemade paneer tikkas get ready in a jiffy and they are truly finger licking delicious
Our version of the classic paneer tikka for you:
🔹INGREDIENTS FOR TIKKA
– paneer cubes- 10 cubes (2-3 per skewer; ensuring there’s some space between each component)
– onion cubes
– bell pepper cubes (colourful ones will do)
– tomato flesh with skin , deseeded and cubed (optional)
– oil from basting
– hung curd 2 spoons
– half tablespoon each of cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, Kashmiri red chilli powder
– pinch of hing
– salt and chaat masala as per your taste
– half spoon lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon of roasted besan(gram flour)
– Simmer some water with salt in a pot and turn off the heat
Dip the paneer cubes in this for 10-15 mins (this step is really important if you want your paneer pieces to be soft and tender till the end!)
– make the marinade with hung curd and all the spices, 1 spoon white oil and roasted besan
– marinate the paneer and vegetable cubes in the mix for around 30 mins
– arrange the marinated items on skewers as you like it, never cramming too many things together
– lightly oil the grill pan or tawa and grill the skewers from all sides till the time they turn golden brown
– garnish and serve with onion rings, chutney or sauce of your choice.